THE QUEST FOR HAIR REPAIR STARTS HERE
The nights are cooler, there’s a bit of a chill in the air, summer is but a mere memory…unfortunately most of us are reminded of those hot lazy days, not from a lasting beach tan but by the damage we’re carrying around on our heads. Autumn is time to rejuvenate your hair to prepare it for the cool winter months ahead, so bid adieu to the post summer blues at Salon Yazbek. Here Nathan unleashes the secrets to getting your hair back to its former glory.
“By the end of Easter we see lots of blondes with excessive breakage from the sun and surf, faded colours from sun exposure, even chlorine damaged ends that feel a little chewy and have a somewhat green tinge!” Nathan tells. “And my number one pet hate - breakage due to wet hair being tied up in lazy buns for that quick dash out of the door to work. Well it’s time to turn over a new leaf now Autumn is upon us, so here are my tips for getting your hair back into tip top condition.”
1. Regular trims: This should be every 5-6 weeks if you have a shorter, sharper haircut or, since Sydney is so relaxed with lots of long, flowy hair, 6-8 weeks for longer styles.
2. Conditioning At Home Treatments: These are a great way to get hair back into shape in between salon visits. My particular favourite is the Aveda Brilliant Damage Control Spray. It’s suitable for all hair types as it’s super light and helps protect against thermal and UV damage and reduces breakage from combing. At $49.95 it’s a must-have in every ladies’ bathroom.
3. Salon Only Treatments: Salon Yazbek has two beautiful in-salon treatments to really rejuvenate your hair. These are in the form of a micro-mist liquid concentrate that is sprayed into the hair cuticle. The hair is then wrapped in a hot towel to really allow the treatments to soak in. Afterwards your hair will look, feel and smell amazing. The two choices are:
- Aveda Damage Remedy Treatment, which deeply penetrates to help repair, seal and smooth even the most damaged hair. Using the power of pure plant oils and quinoa protein, it restores health, silkiness and shine and is particularly beneficial for hair weakened by chemical processes, heat styling and environmental exposure.
- Aveda Dry Remedy Treatment, which penetrates the hair to deliver lasting, intense moisture powered by buriti oil, pomegranate and palm-derived conditioners. It smells great with a relaxing floral aroma blend of certified organic palmarosa, ylang ylang, rose geranium and a hint of vanilla.
You can purchase these treatments for home care in the form of a crème masque. Just be sure to squeeze out the excess moisture before you comb these treatments through your hair at home. If you can, my tip would be to give the hair a fluffy towel dry before applying - you don’t want to dilute a luxurious treatment!
4. Aveda NEW Smooth Infusion Smoothing Masque: This is a new treatment that was just released this year from Aveda. It reduces frizzy volume by 50% after one use and gives you smoother, softer hair. Powered by botanicals, including certified organic cupaucu and shea butters this treatment keeps hair smooth, even in intense humidity. Now that’s a bonus for the wet months ahead! All masques for at-home use are $55 for 150ml and are certainly worth the investment.
The quest for post summer hair repair starts at Salon Yazbek. To experience the Salon Yazbek magic, please get in touch. We’d love to help rejuvenate your tresses!